Studying at university is a challenging task. Not every person can manage with it easily and with pleasure. The most crucial skills that you need while studying at university are expanded in this article. And if you obtain all of them you may become the best student in your surroundings.
- Dedication to studies
If you have one, you won't face any problems. If you feel you are not kindly disposed towards studies, but you are eager to become the best student and a great professional in future, you should acquire some new habits:
- To do your homework regularly and thoroughly.
- Not to skip classes.
- Meet the deadlines.
- Review your notes every day, not only at night before the exam.
- Time management There are 24 hours in a day. This time can be divided into 3 periods: 8 hours for sleeping, 8 hours for studying in the university campus (taking into account the way time) and 8 hours are free. People usually spend them working, relaxing or doing household chores. This amount of time is enough for effective work, but you should organize it properly. Having planned the rest of your day you can easily allocate your time between various activities, either studying or chilling. Start your organizer, if you cannot keep to the scheme in your mind. You can use your mobile app, computer programme or paper notebook. It is not the form that matters, but the fact you keep to the list of duties and mind the time allowed for them.
- Art to single out the essentials
You do not need to write everything the professor says at the lecture. The same thing with cramming every word from the coursebook. It is better to learn how to find and mark out the main things. What for?
- You are constantly processing the information and it gives a spur to better and faster digestion of facts.
- The key points are usually asked on exams.
- Finally, you save your time.
- Setting proper goals
An ability to set goals is one of the vital factors of success. Even the highest potential will not be brought out without having a clear idea about what you want. When you have a clear aim you will see opportunities everywhere, and without the aim the world only consists of obstacles. There are several methods of target setting which can be applied either to temporal and interstitial objects or to global aims. They are already known as S.M.A.R.T. planning model:
- Focus and power of concentration An ability to listen to tutors attentively and being all ears at the lectures helps you to understand the information better. If you have grown familiar with at least one third of the material at university, your will not have a lot of work at home. Finally, teachers always can see students who were listening carefully and it is definitely to your advantage. If you want to be the best student, of course.
- Doing all homework exercises Teacher set homework assignments not just for taking up your every spare moment. Fullfilling these tasks can further solidifying of knowledge and can contribute to skills development. Thus, if your aim is to become a brilliant student, practice commitment while performing various independent researches and tasks. It will be returned to you over and above on exams and in furthest studying.
- Reviewing your notes every day Did you write something at the lecture, practice or tutorial? Do not be a lazybone and peep into your workbook at home. Pass your eyes over the summary. Do not let this information pass unheeded by you. Draw your direct attention to it. Looking through some pages will not take a lot of time and efforts, but definitely will make your life easier in future.
- Organizing yourself You should not scrimshank and neglect your work. If you were asked to read/write/learn something – just do it. You should not procrastinate and put everything aside. You should not accumulate your debts. Do everything in time. Be able to screw yourself up to work hard.
- Motivation Not a single student will stew over books and pump at homework every single evening if he or she is unwilling to do it. You should really have a great desire to become the best student. Your drive and motivation should be redoubled. Figure out the advantages of the profession you are acquiring, think over the benefits of your education and you will find the vigor to cover the distance. Having acquired all the skills above mentioned will let you become the best student or at least one of the best wasted no time. You will notice that you are far the best of all and your endeavor did not go down the drain.